The finalists for the 2021 InnoBev Awards have been published and winners will be anounced this month.
The fifth annual awards are organised by the food and drink experts Zenith Global, with category sponsorship from Salomons & Partners. Celebrating the best in innovation across the global soft drinks industry, this year’s awards attracted a record 180 entries worldwide across 13 award categories.
The finalists and winners have been selected by an eminent panel of independent judges representing all corners of the global industry.
“We are witnessing a new wave of innovation this year,” commented Zenith Global chairman Richard Hall. “Consumers want new promise. Companies are becoming more targeted. This year’s record number of entries highlight six emerging themes:
· Adult social beverages – from premium soft drinks to no and low alcohol alternatives, particularly ready to drink pre-mixes.
· Sparkling water plus – notably seltzers, but also sodas and tonics.
· Functionality – especially for immunity and defence, but also for extra energy, wider health and wellbeing.
· Cans – as an alternative to PET and in their own right, with great design impact.
· Home delivery – offering dedicated secondary packaging to enhance the home delivery experience.
· Technology – such as touch free vending and home dispense advances.”
To find out who won the awards, go to www.zenithglobal.com/events/innobev2021