KioskCom Self Service Expo & Digital Signage Show Europe was another success this year when it took place in Olympia at the end of September. Although the show was smaller than the previous year due to recession cut backs in supplier budgets, the show still delivered a fantastic number of buyers across the two days.
Highlights from the show Included:
- Clemtek’s revolutionary Shop Robotic Advanced Automated Retail System. This highly sophisticated vending machine was shown off in two forms: the more traditional vending form supplying snacks, fruit and drinks; as well as the higher price point, high value version offering PSP’s, IPods, cameras and phones.
- Box Technologies showing off the Microsoft’s Surface touch sensitive table, amongst their wide range of self service and digital signage solutions.
- U-Touch’s 103 inch touch sensitive screen – this was the biggest touch sensitive screen anyone at the show had ever seen.
- Yes-Pay announced HMV’s roll out of a new range of Yes-Pay enabled touchscreen kiosks. Customers can use the kiosks to locate stock, view sample clips and order content for home delivery. They also can download .mp3 files for immediate transfer and storage to media players. Another excellent example of how self service technology can not only provide added customer service, but also introduce new revenue channels for a business.
- Cisco’s Digital Signage Academy seminar session where the techno-logy giant laid out their plans for their future within this industry
All in all the two days were a big success highlighting some of the best advances in self service technology on the market today and giving buyers the opportunity to see, feel and touch these solutions just like their customers would do.
KioskCom Self Service Expo & Digital Signage Show Europe is now in its very successful 5th year. The show has been bringing together buyers and suppliers of self service, kiosk, digital signage, payment, touchscreen and associated solutions since its launch in 2006.
Attendees are decision makers from Retail, Hospitality & Catering, Travel & Transport, Finance & Banking, Local & Central Government and Leisure. They range from being new to these technologies, to those looking at rolling out full service deployments and those who already have deployments and are looking to upgrade or enhance them.
Exhibitors are made up of full kiosk, self service and digital signage solutions providers to those offering related components, hardware, software, content, services and support.
The next show will again take place in Olympia, London on 29th-30th September 2010. Please visit the web site at www.SelfServiceExpo.co.uk for more information and updates on the show.